This dish is both a traditional dish and a snack. The key to this crispy and addictive fried snack is extracting as much liquid as possible from the tofu.
- 2 tofu cubes, 180 g each
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp yeast flakes, can be omitted
- 2 - 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons spicy mustard
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon hot paprika
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- salt and black pepper
- Dice the tofu into coarse cubes and put it with the other ingredients in the blender bowl.
- Blend until crumbly.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Make walnut-sized balls from the mixture.
- Fry the balls in a frying pan (30-60 seconds per side), turning them occasionally.
- Place the fried meatballs on a paper towel to drain the fat.